Warner Music is looking for an Analyst to join our Nordic team!
As an Analyst with us you will get to use your expertise in data analysis on a wide range of the local and international artists we represent. This is a unique opportunity to work in a data-driven company that strives for innovation and new ways to bring our artists’ music to new fans at every stage of an artists’ career.
The role is a temporary position (paternity cover) from 1st June 2022 to the end of January 2023.
In the role you will take the lead on collecting, analysing and interpreting data and communicate the findings to management and teams throughout the Nordic region in direct, non-technical terms. The data you provide and the insights you present will be the backbone of our Nordic team’s direction and decision making and the collaboration between you and the stakeholders is key in ensuring continuous improvement.
You will get to
We would like you to have
- Be the specialist within the Nordics for Insights & Analysis.
- Use audience and consumption data to deliver data-driven recommendations for artist growth.
- Liaise with the local marketing, A&R (artist & repertoire) and streaming department by being the go-to person for artist and track analysis.
- Provide labels and marketing teams with strategic guidance in growing streams by developing a thorough understanding of services like Apple Music and Spotify.
- Communicate findings and insights to senior management to establish best practices and to guide analysis into action and results.
- Collaborate with Global Insights & Analysis team members to explore research projects and help develop the collective body of knowledge on streaming.
- Handle various ad hoc requests and projects.
We’d love it if maybe you also have
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Statistics, Data Science, Quantitative field, Economics, Information Systems or similar.
- Experience writing SQL for big datasets.
- Experience with Tableau, Power BI, Qlink or similar visualization tools.
- Familiarity with Python (preferred) or R.
- A results-oriented attitude with strong analytical skills and problem-solving ability.
- Ability to translate requests into analytical problems.
- Ability to translate data findings into ‘how/what to do’ recommendations for teams.
- Ability to explain complex questions to non-analytical/creative colleagues.
- Strong organizational skills with ability to prioritize work on multiple projects.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate clearly and effectively.
- Confidence to present to large groups.
A little bit about our team
- Experience in data / insights roles within the music or entertainment industry.
- Experience with supervised and unsupervised machine learning techniques.
- Experience working in marketing, social and/or digital roles.
- Experience working in a global or regional role.
This position is part of the Global Insights & Analysis team working with local Warner Music teams in the Nordics to understand the trends and dynamics driving major streaming services. You report to our Director, International & Regional Insight in the UK and on local level to our Business Development & Commercial Director in the Nordics. You will have colleagues all over the world and around 50 of them are in Stockholm where you will be based.
Warner Music Nordic is part of Warner Music Group – one of the world’s biggest record labels with artists spanning across all genres and markets. We are the home to Asylum, Atlantic, Elektra, Parlophone, Warner Records, and several other of the world’s premier recording labels, and we champion emerging artists and global superstars like Ed Sheeran, Cardi B, Griff, Dua Lipa, Iron Maiden, Silk Sonic, David Guetta, A36, Drew Sycamore, Chris Holsten, Jubël, Miriam Bryant, Roxette, SKAAR and many more.
Our employees are a global collective of music lovers, tech innovators and inspired entrepreneurs, game-changing creatives, and passionate team members. We know that each talent makes our collective bolder and brighter.
We remain committed to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion and we know it fosters a culture where you can truly belong, contribute, and grow. We encourage applications from people of any age, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, disability, and any other characteristic or identity.
Want to apply?
Apply to firstname.lastname@example.org
. For questions about the position please contact Business Development & Commercial Director, Nordic; Jens Olsson +45 25 33 03 35
Director, International & Regional Insight in the UK and Business Development & Commercial Director, Nordic